The Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment offers a series of major advantages and benefits compared with other types of depigmentation products found in the market:
- Very efficient in all types of melasma and cholasma
- Rapid and easy depigmentation action
- Compatible with ALL skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
- Light peeling effect / Rejuvenation and luminosity of the skin
- Treatment can start and be used all year round
- Very effective for acne patients
- No Hydroquinone
- No TCA
- High safety margin
What types of Hyper-Pigmentation can be treated with Cosmelan?
Melasma or Chloasma: Skin coloration that appears as blotchy brown spots, often covering cheeks, forehead, or temples. The precise cause of melasma is unknown. People with a family history of melasma are more likely to develop melasma themselves. A change in hormonal status such as menopause, endocrine illness, through the use of contraceptives, in aging, and during pregnancy may all trigger melasma or cholasma
Age Spots or "Liver" Spots: Smaller darkened patches usually on older adults who have been exposed to the sun for many years. These spots can be seen on the face, forearms and backs of hands.
Post-inflammatory Hyper-Pigmentation: This type of hyper-pigmentation results from any inflammatory injury or trauma to the skin. Some causes of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation:
- Acne — particularly cysts or nodules — often leaves dark discoloration after a blemish heals.
- Poorly administered chemical peels or laser surgery can leave behind hyper-pigmentation.
- Rashes like psoriasis and eczema often darken the skin as well.
- Even seemingly innocuous things like leg waxing and electrolysis can cause the melanin cells to over react.
What results can I expect after using Cosmelan?
In 99% of the cases, the disappearance of the blemishes improves by 95%....
One week after starting the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, a noticeable significant improvement of the skin is observed! The reduction of the treated blemish is detected and the appearance of new luminous and rejuvenated skin is present. At the end of the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, the blemishes start to disappear altogether, so that, although the patient may be able to “locate” the place where the spot was, the truth is that the pigmentation will have disappeared and nobody will be able to see it just by looking at it. For best results, continue the daily application of Cosmelan® and/or Dermamelan® 2 up to one year after treatment.
|Get started now! Please contact us at (626) 844.7333 if you are considering this treatment or any other treatment. Including:
• Dermal Fillers
|• Facial Treatments
• Medical Peels
• Laser Acne Treatment
• IPL Photofacial
• Cosmelan Depigmentation
• Skin Care Products
|• Laser Hair Removal
• Laser Leg Vein Removal
• Laser Face Vein Removal
• Lipo-Blast (Fat Reduction)
• Medical Weight Loss
|• Non Surgical (Lip, Chin, Nose, Cheek, Jawline) Augmentation
|– Royal Laser Med Spa invites you to schedule a free consultation.
• What is melasma?
Melasma is a skin condition presenting as brown patches on the face of adults. Both sides of the face are usually affected. The most common sites of involvement are the cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and upper lip.
• What is Cosmelan?
Cosmelan is a Depigmentation treatment based on the inhibition of tyrosinase, a basic enzyme in the melanin formation process. Several of the substances present in Cosmelan formula act by blocking this enzyme, even by inverting the metabolic process of the transformation chain. Its principal action is the elimination of melanin patches on the face (melasma and chloasma).
• What are the advantages of Cosmelan?
The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment offers a series of major advantages and benefits compared with other types of depigmentation products found in the market:
• Very effective in all types of melasma
• Rapid and easy depigmentation action
• Compatible with all skin types (Fitzpatrick! – IV)
• Light peeling effect
• Rejuvenates the skin
• Treatment can be used all year round
• Beneficial for acne patients
• Does not contain TCA
• High safety margin
• What results can I expect after using Cosmelan?
In 99% of the cases, the disappearance of the blemishes improves by 95%....
One week after starting the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, a noticeable significant improvement of the skin is observed! The reduction of the treated blemish is detected and the appearance of new luminous and rejuvenated skin is present.
At the end of the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, the blemishes start to disappear altogether, so that, although the patient may be able to “locate” the place where the spot was, the truth is that the pigmentation will have disappeared and nobody will be able to see it just by looking at it.
• How does the Cosmelan process work?
The process consist of two parts: First stage is applied in your physician's office: Basically is the cleansing of the skin and the application of a yellow mustard color mask (Cosmelan 1),
The Medical Practitioner will evaluate your skin type and determine what skin type you have. Then cleanse your face and degrease the area to be treated. Immediately following the degreasing step, then Cosmelan 1 will be applied. The mask will be left on for a total of 4-12 hours depending on your skin type. You will go home with the mask on.
After the action time has elapsed, you will remove the mask with water and a neutral cleanser.
Immediately following the cleansing of the face, you will apply mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K cream.
Second stage is the home Maintenance: It consists of the daily application and continual use of the Cosmelan 2 cream. The cream is applied three times a day, the first week following the application of the mask, then twice a day the second week, and once a day the third week forward.
• What should I expect in my first day and second day after the Cosmelan mask?
• During the first two days of treatment, the skin may turn red.
• If the skin is very sensitive, you may experience an itching feeling.
• Slight burning and tightening of the skin is also absolutely normal, especially during the first 24 to 48 hours after starting the treatment.
• To relieve these problems, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K whenever necessary.
• What should I expect in my Third and Fourth day?
After the third or fourth day, the skin appears healthy and luminous and the marks begin to fade.
• Reddening of the Skin?
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic Cosmelan 1 treatment is similar to the effects of day-long exposure to the sun in the snow without protection. (Intense reddening in photo types 1 & 11. (Practically non-existent in photo type IV and V).
Flaking may occur on all skin types (and more intensely in photo types 1 and 11) between the second and third day, In this case it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this every two hours on the day when flaking is most intense.
• Can I stop the Cosmelan treatment at any given time?
No, the treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed.
• Can I combine the Cosmelan Treatment with other treatments?
It is completely forbidden to combine the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment with other depigmentation treatments, as the appearance of undesired effects cannot be guaranteed.
• Is Cosmelan the same as a TCA peel?
No, a TCA peel uses trichloroacetic acids ( which are stronger than glycolic acids and penetrate deeper into the skin) to destroy and remove outer layers of the skin. During the 10 – 15 minute procedure, the patient feels a burning sensation and local anesthesia may be recommended. There is moderate discomfort and swelling of the treated areas for about a week. Healing and toughening of the new skin takes place for a few weeks following a TCA Peel, but most patients look presentable enough to return to their normal activities after about a week.
Cosmelan is a depigmentation treatment with a light peeling effect and does not require anesthesia nor involves any down time. The treatment does not cause pain or annoyance.
• Do I need to discontinue my everyday activities in order to use Cosmelan?
No, Cosmelan is a very versatile product that can be incorporated into each individual life style.
• Can I use Cosmelan during the summer?
Yes, Cosmelan can be used year round.
• Can the blemishes return if I stop using Cosmelan?
In order to avoid blemishes from returning, it is necessary to be disciplined with the Cosmelan regimen. On the days you do not follow the Cosmelan protocol, you should at least use a sun block.